The Theater for the New City's 35th Anniversary Street Theater Production is called Bamboozled or The Real Reality Show is in rehearsal now. I'm Joseph Vernon Banks the composer. Usually, with most musicals the music is written and edited before it goes into production. Since the themes in the Street Theater Productions are very topical, the turn around time is very short.
Crystal Field, my writing partner who is the artistic director, lyricist, choreographer is in the process of blocking the show. So far she has gotten through to the second song. Currently I am writing he second song. It should be ready hopefully by Tuesday.The music style varies. My style is Dreamgirls meets Hairspray. I incorporate elements of R7B , Jazz, Rock. Since the passing of Amy Winehouse I will maybe have some musical quotes from her music. Ce Lo Green, Mars Bruno and music has been in my head and my i-pod as well as Niki Minaj, go figure. Late at night I love to listen to the late Jazz artist, Shirley Horn.Barbra Strisand happened to perform a couple of songs that Shirley recorded first. Barbra was produced by Diana Krall.
TNC Bruce Springsteen, Joe Cocker influenced rock selection. Stay tuned.....
More later, I have to write.

No comments:
Post a Comment